Thursday, August 23, 2007

My *almost* Cubicle Breakfast

THEFT! Theft in the office fridge.

In order to save time in the morning, I eat my breakfast cereal at work. This involves bringing in a supply of cereal, bananas, and (of course) milk every week. Some people jump start their day with coffee, some go to the gym. I eat.

But not this morning.

I arrived, booted up the computer, poured the cereal, cut up a banana. When I went to the communal refrigerator to get my milk ... horror! Nary a sign of the half gallon I bought on Monday. There was still a third of it left as of yesterday afternoon.

With some deductive work (or is it inductive?), I quickly scanned the kitchen to see a platter of brownies, cookies, and Rice Krispie treats that had probably been leftover from one of the department's dinner orders from the previous day. I instantly got an image of the folks in the _____ Department cavorting in their cubicles late at night throwing chocolate cookies in the air and letting them fall on their heads. Then someone says, "Hey! I know where there's some milk to go with these."

And here I am, hungry, with a bowl of dry cereal and browning banana slices.

I left a mean note on the fridge. Yeah. That'll show them.

*Editor's note: See what happened next.

No comments: